ProActive Kids is a special fitness and nutrition program designed for kids ages 8-14 who are struggling with their weight, and being overweight. This program offers a safe environment where kids can workout and learn about proper nutrition. The program also focuses on their self-esteem, body image, stress, feelings and a variety of other issues that can be caused by being overweight.
Children may struggle with their weight for a variety of reasons — genetics, too much food, not enough exercise, parents don’t know what or how to cook, hoarding of food, binging, low self-esteem, and many more. ProActive Kids helps kids and their families identify the obstacles and challenges to maintaining a healthy weight and will helps your family learn to make decisions that will create a healthier lifestyle and ultimately, help your child lose weight (and perhaps you, too).
ProActive Kids teaches kids and their families ways to improve health through Exercise, Nutrition Lessons, and Lifestyle Discussions over 8 weeks. It is a commitment of time and energy, but will help your family live healthier lifestyle if the lessons are practiced consistently at home.
This life-changing experience is offered FREE to kids 8-14 who want to learn new exercises, lose weight, eat right and be more confident. (BMI is 85th percentile or above).
To learn more, click on the stars to the left to learn more about each part of the program - Fitness, Nutrition, and Lifestyle.
- Introduces safe workouts with kids facing similar challenges
- Teaches athletic confidence and improves skills
- Offers three 45-minute workouts each week
- Goal: Increase muscle and decrease body fat and BMI
- Teaches families how to “eat right”
- Offers key lessons including Food Categories and MyPlate, Label Reading, Grocery Shopping and Planning, Portion Sizes, Healthy Breakfasts/Lunches, Eating Out, and More!
- Introduces kids and families to healthy new foods and encourages them to taste a variety of fruits and vegetables!
- Goal: Create healthier habits in food selection, cooking and eating
PAK Lifestyle Coaching
- Helps kids build confidence and self-esteem
- Facilitates open family discussion about relationships with food
- Strengthens interaction with other kids
- Focuses on the child’s personal struggles, such as body image, bullying, family matters and more
- Offers three 45- minute lessons per week
- Goal: Build confidence, increase communication and teach coping skills
Fall 2015: Sept 21-Nov 13
Winter 2016: January 11 – March 4
Monday and Wednesday – 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. – Kids only
Fitness: 4:00 – 4:45 p.m.
Lifestyle: 4:45 – 5:30 p.m.
Friday Family Day - 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. – Families are invited to attend and participate (if over the age of three years old)
Fitness: 4:00 – 4:40 p.m.
Nutrition: 4:40 – 5:20 p.m.
Lifestyle: 5:20 – 6:00 p.m.
Commitment and Expectations
Our Expectation of PAK Parents:
As a parent, you have a very important role in the health of your child. You are ultimately responsible for their overall health and well being. Though this is a program for kids, you have the biggest role to play in identifying the issues and barriers and changing habits at home. We warn you, this can be challenging but with consistent hard work and communication between you and your child – you can do it! Click here to learn more about our expectations of you during and after PAK.
Our Expectations of PAK Kids:
Kids have a big role to play in getting healthy as well. Though they need parental guidance and encouragement to make changes toward a healthier lifestyle, our goal is to make them an advocate of their own health by providing them with the information they need to make the healthiest decisions for themselves. Click here to learn more about our expectations for kids during and after PAK.
NOTE: El programa aun no se ofrece en español.