PAK 8 Week Program – Next Session Starts September 15, 2014 at all locations
ProActive Kids is a special and sensitive program designed for kids ages 8-14 who are struggling with their weight. The program offers a safe environment where they can workout and learn about nutrition and the types of foods they should be eating, how much, how often, etc. The program also focuses on their self-esteem, body image, stress, feelings and a variety of other issues that can be caused by being overweight.
NOTE: El programa aun no se ofrece en español.
The program is offered FREE by the hospitals who so generously offer the program in their communities. (PAK does not require any proof of insurance or medical coverage).
Children may struggle with their weight for a variety of reasons — genetics, too much food, not enough exercise, parents don’t know what or how to cook, hoarding of food, binging, low self-esteem, and many more.
We are here to help identify the obstacles and challenges to maintaining a healthy weight and help your family make decisions that will create a healthier lifestyle and ultimately, help your child lose weight (and perhaps you, too).
ProActive Kids teaches kids and their families ways to improve health through Exercise, Nutrition Lessons, and Lifestyle Discussions over 8 weeks. It is a commitment of time and energy, but will ultimately lead to a healthier lifestyle if the lessons are practiced consistently at home.
This life-changing experience is offered FREE to kids who want to learn new exercises, lose weight, eat right and be more confident. (BMI is 85th percentile or above).
To learn more, click on the stars to the left to learn more about each part of the program - Fitness, Nutrition, and Lifestyle.
- Introduces safe workouts with kids facing similar challenges
- Teaches athletic confidence and improves skills
- Offers three 45-minute workouts each week
- Goal: Increase muscle and decrease body fat and BMI
- Teaches families how to “eat right”
- Offers key lessons including Go, Slow and Whoa Foods, Label Reading, Grocery Shopping and Planning, Portion Sizes, Healthy Breakfasts/Lunches
- Introduces kids and families to fun and healthy new foods, snacks, and more
- Goal: Create healthier habits in food selection, cooking and eating
PAK Lifestyle Coaching
- Helps kids build confidence and self-esteem
- Facilitates open family discussion about relationships with food
- Strengthens interaction with other kids
- Focuses on the child’s personal struggles, such as body image, bullying, family matters and more
- Offers three 45- minute lessons per week
- Goal: Build confidence, increase communication and teach coping skills
PAK Schedule (Schedule same at EVERY location)
Monday and Wednesday – 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. – Kids only
Fitness: 4:00 – 4:45 p.m.
Lifestyle: 4:45 – 5:30 p.m.
Friday Family Day - 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. – Families are invited to attend and participate (if over the age of three years old)
Fitness: 4:00 – 4:40 p.m.
Nutrition: 4:40 – 5:20 p.m.
Lifestyle: 5:20 – 6:00 p.m.
Commitment and Expectations
Our Expectation of PAK Parents:
As a parent, you have a very important role in the health of your child. You are ultimately responsible for their overall health and well being. Though this is a program for kids, you have the biggest role to play in identifying the issues and barriers and changing habits at home. We warn you, this can be challenging but with consistent hard work and communication between you and your child – you can do it! Click here to learn more about our expectations of you during and after PAK.
Our Expectations of PAK Kids:
Kids have a big role to play in getting healthy as well. Though they need parental guidance and encouragement to make changes toward a healthier lifestyle, our goal is to make them an advocate of their own health by providing them with the information they need to make the healthiest decisions for themselves. Click here to learn more about our expectations for kids during and after PAK.
The FALL 2014 session will start on Sept 15, 2014, at all locations. We are currently accepting registrations for Fall 2014 and Winter 2015!